Thursday, October 13, 2005

musical chairs...

*rse. My organisation is restructuring again. Just when we had nicely got our heads around the old structure!

Some of the golden rules about economic development organisations:

1) constantly reorganising
2) always having to justify yourselves
3) always claim from on high they want to use less consultants, but give less and less incentives for the experienced staff to stay on, hence increasing the need for consultants!

Sometimes I wonder why I bother. I tried being a consultant. Fun work but I don't really want to do it again at the moment, especially for a firm of consultants. Why would I need to bother, when I have the inside knowledge of how to do it myself, and also have a few good contacts for work. Although the thought appeals of quitting here and then coming back on £500 a day to do the exact same thing. That would teach 'em.

The new restructuring might bring opportunities. Already I have been offered a new opportunity in an new department, in an area I am have not, in the past, been interested in working for someone who I am not sure I want to work for! well time to dust of the 'ol CV!

1 Comments:

At 3:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are just mad organisations, who are just trying to come to terms and understand their remit and then get bulldozed by a slamming new government policy initiatve or a new chief exec that instigates wholesale reorganisation.

you should count yourself lucky! you will be in demand for ages rewriting new strategies etc!

PS are all HR depts in EDAs crap, or is that the same in every organisation in the world?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home